Elmwood Projects are specialist Fit-Out Contractor operating predominantly in the Museum and Heritage and Commercial Sectors who create bespoke joinery manufacturing Products and Setworks.
Our work Scope extends to Permanent & Temporary Museum Exhibition & Gallery Fit-out, Visitor Experiences, Heritage Projects, Commercial Fit-out and Specialist Joinery Packages
We’re continually working across the whole of the UK on projects of all sizes, including delivering our Specialist Exhibition Fit Out services for such prestigious clients as – The British Museum, V&A (both in London and the new Dundee V&A), Royal Armouries, Design Museum, Brooklands Museum, The Royal Mint, National Museums Wales, National Museums Scotland and the National Museum of the Royal Navy, to name but a few.
Having the technical expertise to deliver projects from small temporary galleries to the largest high-value permanent exhibitions, we are supported by a verified & robust specialist supply chain to choose from, we can coordinate everything from mechanical and electrical engineering, steel fabrication and museum display cases, to setworks, audio visual hardware and software, interactives, graphics and scenic.
Assistant Design Coordinator
As a Design Coordinator, you will assist the team in the process of design development and finalisation within our business.
You will report to the Production Director supporting the current Design Coordinator; liaising with in-house departments, clients and sub-contractors, ensuring that designs are fully coordinated and handed over for production complying with both internal company policy requirements and all necessary client specifications.
We’ll look to you to assist in coordinating suppliers’ design and product information.
- A good verbal communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident to work independently and as part of a small team
- Project Management Skills
- Structured administration skills
- Proactive, Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to learn and grow within the business
- Ability to work, under pressure in a busy environment
- The ability to recognize problems and deal with them, in a timely and effective manner.
- Experience in a Technical/Design/Project Coordination position
- Experience working in a Design / Project Team in Project Delivery
- CAD Skills
We offer the opportunity for you to join one of the UK’s leading Museum Exhibition Fit Out Specialists, working on some of the most interesting and varied projects, for prestigious clients. The package offered will be based on experience.
How To Apply
Send your CV to our Design Coordinator, Sarah Ashby - firstname.lastname@example.org